Good grief! There are pretty sweet malls here for a city the size of Doha. This one is called the Villagio and replicates Venice, Italy. Hello Las Vegas! They have a moat and everything that you can take rides down the mall. This world is becoming smaller and smaller! My beloved H&M is here (be thankful you weren't there boyfriend :)). I love the contrast of the Abbaya-wearing women to the modern, west surroundings....crazy/beautiful, huh? Also, the smell of incense if everywhere (even in the fitting rooms in H&M)...if I could bottle the Middle East and send it home for you to smell...I would.
Saturday, May 16, 2009
And I thought Dallas had malls...
Good grief! There are pretty sweet malls here for a city the size of Doha. This one is called the Villagio and replicates Venice, Italy. Hello Las Vegas! They have a moat and everything that you can take rides down the mall. This world is becoming smaller and smaller! My beloved H&M is here (be thankful you weren't there boyfriend :)). I love the contrast of the Abbaya-wearing women to the modern, west surroundings....crazy/beautiful, huh? Also, the smell of incense if everywhere (even in the fitting rooms in H&M)...if I could bottle the Middle East and send it home for you to smell...I would.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Boyfriend really missed out not getting to go to H&M. Did you leave anything in the store?
ReplyDeleteLove ya!