
This is my new home. I still can't believe it. New, yes. Nerve-racking, yes. Missing family and friends, yes. But home? Yes. My luggage and I made it all intact and well rested...bringing some Texas with us of course.

My first few days were settling in to my new, beautiful home. I am living with a family that I knew from my internship in Doha two years ago. It is so nice to be apart of a family here! First day, we go shopping for all the hairspray I couldn't pack in my suitcases. Dubai and I are on the same page when it comes to hair care (picture below).

The following pictures are where I am living.


The green yard is fabuloso (name that movie...)

My summer time survival kit...


My room...

The "Welcome Amy" poster greeted me at the airport along with a dozen orange and yellow roses, and about 15 youth and parents. It was so nice and welcoming! :)

Vonderful cloo-sets...


This is me walking down the street where I live...
I forgot my camera for the following:
A trip to IKEA and Crate & Barrel (yes my friends, you read correctly). Saturday afternoon little league. Two Friday services. Dinners with new friends and families. Laughs. Prayers. Cries. But mostly laughs.
Disclaimer: All the photos capture the 80 degree, breezy weather. It gets down right chilly at night. Winters in Dubai = Early Spring weather feel...ya know, like when the bluebonnets start debuting.
Love the green grass and pool!! Thanking Him for His continued faithfulness!
ReplyDeleteI love this! Love getting a picture (literal) of what your life looks like there!
ReplyDeleteYour room is so cute! And awesome that there's a pool in the backyard. Thanks for the updates - I miss my Byrdie but am so glad you're enjoying life in your new home. Love you!
ReplyDelete