It's been a happy one here for sure. It's 8:30pm and I am still in my pajamas.
I am not ashamed of this.
I woke up at noon too.
Not ashamed of that either.
You see, Sunday is my day off and by golly, I took the whole dang day off. You know when your body tells you to shut er' down or it will do it for you?
You best listen.
So! After 2 cups of lemon ginger tea with honey and one more steeping on the counter, I blog...
ON TO THE FAIRY TALE! (Que music: "A Whole New World" from Aladdin)
She traveled incognito (hence the title) to a birthday celebration of the Prophet Muhammed at the Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi. Do you think they recognized her??
On her journey she had an equation revelation:
Bible belt + Christmas pageant + parents taking pictures of kids in costumes + people taking the politest opportunity to leave in between sets = Arabian peninsula + Prophet birthday celebration + parents taking pictures of kids in costumes + people taking the politest opportunity to leave in between sets
Peeking around corners and tip-toeing through secure-no trespassing areas (woops), what marvelous sights she beheld...
So after the grand tour and Byrdie being soar from whelps (the pinches you remember), her lovely hostess took her guests to the Emirates Palace.
Of course there was the only ATM machine made of pure gold there...naturally.
And iced tea served like this...naturally.
And 24 carat gold cappuccino...naturally.
And two proposals by the sheikhs...NOT naturally.
And all she could really think of was this:
"Thus says the Lord: “Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches, but let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows Me, that I am the Lord who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight, declares the Lord.” Jeremiah 9:23-24.
So temporal what is seen.
So eternal what is not.
And she lived happily ever after...
The End.
Not.
Not fair. You look beautiful in anything. Let's Skype again soon!! :)
ReplyDeleteDon't you LOVE the Grand Mosque! It's my favorite place in the UAE! So so beautiful!
ReplyDeleteAmy, How beautiful & spectacular. Loved all of your comments, especially the last: So Temporal
ReplyDeleteSo Eternal.
Hey Sweet Pea! It took me 45 minutes to figure out how to post on here but you are worth it! Wanted to say - love the pix, love the commentary, love the humor, but most of all love your HEART. missing you!
ReplyDeletePS-Taught Mae to "Gig 'Em" last week!
YOU're totally awesome. Praying for you all the time. I saw a girl with blonde hair cross the corner of my eye on campus and my heart leapt...then, I realized it wasn't you. I mentioned you in my Gospels class last week when stuff was getting rough in Bahrain. I know you may not be impacted by all the current events, but I asked them to pray for you nevertheless. Love you
ReplyDeleteSo, lemon-ginger-honey TEA? I guess i'm still holding down the lemon-water! Loved this.
ReplyDelete