First time since 1993, I've had to listen to CDs in the car. (Evita soundtrack right now)
First time since I was picked up from the first day of kindergarten, I've relished seeing mom so much.
First time (since never), I'm not craving Chipotle (GASP!). What?...the local food here rocks.
First time I've ever drinken...drank...drunk?...HOT tea every single day. *Nose scrunch 1/2 smile* (Hey Texas, send me some of your ice, would ya?)
First time I've stared Dubai in the face and said, "Move over buster. I live here now too."
First time I've enjoyed crying because of how much I know God's love for me.
First time for Texan humor to fall flat in a crowd.
First time my feet have told me, "Heels and sand may not go hand in hand." (Jury is still out on this one)
First time since coming to Dubai, Fridays are sweeter than ice cream deep fried in sugar and sprinkled with sugar served alongside sugar. Time with Believers is priceless.
First time I've stood in front of a group of students and said, "Hello. I'm your new youth minister." Yikes.
First time encouragement cards (from you) have meant more for my soul than...a hot stone massage after seeing Wicked followed by some Chipotle with my sister before going to meet up with best friends for game night and Cretia's knowing the next day I'm going to the ranch for my GranGran's roast with mom and dad leaving for Stephenville and coming home to Daisy. Yep...
First time, I haven't posted pictures. Sorry.
First time I've lived under the same roof with people from Burma...a country I could never enter.
First time (in a long time) to remember I was not made for society, culture, family or myself. I was simply made for Him.
There's a first time for everything :)
Love you blogging and pictures. Thank you. You are such a blessing to everyone you come in contact with and Dubai is so lucky to have you.
ReplyDeleteSomething i saw that may (or may not) help in the sand: http://thesolemates.com/
miss you, Katie KD
I think this is why clogs were created!
ReplyDeleteKatie! I LOVED the website! Thanks for the sweet suggestion :)
ReplyDeleteAnd DIPA!! Hi you pretty mama :) Clogs, eh? Never worn em, but maybe now's time to start.
Isn't God GRAND to already have your mama scheduled to be there before you knew you would be? I teared up when I saw that photo of her in the airport and read your blog about your first day of kindergarten :) Now I'm praying your mama makes it safely home to frozen North Texas. Yea, for your daddy's new job, but boo for Jeri coming home to an empty house.
ReplyDeleteLove and prayers, mama vick