Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Day in the Life.

I lead a simple life really.

I roll ou...I mean, rise and shine and greet the day with fresh hair and makeup well before 9am.
This is Kayla! She lives in Al Ain not too far away. This is when we were in Doha a while back and still represents the morning glory. I'm visiting her VERY soon!

Thank the Lord for a new day and His mercies.



I usually am straight out the door to go...mmm...somewhere. Lunches. Coffees. Shopping errands. I couldn't tell ya...but I know I do it every single day.



I support my local grocer, Unis. Lemme tell ya about ole' Uni...
For one, I couldn't take a picture of him because that would be weird...and slightly flirtatious and one doesn't want to be flirtatious with a man that knows where you live.
For two, I buy my cell phone minutes from Unis. I buy Diet Dr. Pepper from Unis that he then delivers to my door step. Unis keeps my life going.
For three, He had coconut naan the other day that tasted exactly like Pillsbury cinnamon rolls...no lie.
And four, the Oasis restaurant next door to Unis has the BEST banana, pineapple, peach, mango juice. I'm tellin' ya it's something to write home about....so I am :)


I think and pray for my friends all over the world...(please do so for your friends as well).

The Rahbany's in East Asia (I pass this sign almost every day).

And Jenny doing nursing in Ethiopia! You're on my bathroom mirror so you can watch me wax my eyebrows, Denny :) xoxox

And the ones dodging the cigarette rebels in the Colorado mountains...
And the newly engaged ones...



And just the ones I flat out miss. I wonder what ya'll are up to and what you're doing that minute. Or actually I know...sleeping :)


**But then a LandCruiser ZOOMS within an inch of my car's rear end and I snap back to driving**

So then I drive some more...Dubai is a big town ya see...and I'm a tiny little Amy.

And whatever I do, wherever I am, there are always...tea and biscuits :) Say that with a lisp.



But what the pictures don't show is the best part of life. No camera can capture the thrill it is to be here in Dubai. To serve. To love. To be a witness.

I miss you and it there, but man do I love it here :)

2 comments:

  1. Could not wait to see your pictures. They are great, you must be having the time of your life. Love you,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, we love you and the pictures are awesome! Daddy and Mama

    ReplyDelete