Hello!

Dubai is in full bloom (picture below) and your Byrdie is hustlin' and bustlin'.
As I type, my arms are sore, beach buckets are drying on the lawn, clothes washer is turning, and my heart is full of praises.
The past two weeks marked that the world is small and God is big.
Byrdie flapped her wings and flew to the land of peaches, fried okra, AND.....
Oh mercy, mercy me. Lord, I do declare You are GOOD.
The first three days were everything Dubai is not...rainy, cloudy, and cold. What a treat!
The beautiful view outside my window...
All of the above is gorgeous, yes, but for this beehive baby also were the red bottles below. Halleluyer.
And what an absolute BLESSING running into a fellow DTS classmate at the conference! It had been a bit lonely traveling to and fro and the sight of this good friend brought tears to my eyes.

After this picture was taken, Hell Virus 2011 came upon me and I ended up missing the last day of the conference. For three days I could have been gorging on Chipotle and Chick-fil-a...could have been driving up to North Carolina to visit my mama...could have just drove around listening to country radio....BUT God wanted Byrd to simply rest. So...that's what I did for half the trip.
The last day I drove out to Rome, Georgia to meet up with my pastor and his LOVELY daughters and sons-in-law. Check out this place! Winshape is the conference center owned by Ckick-fil-a. This is what selling billions of chicken sandwiches can get ya...
However, that's not the life God has called those who follow Him to.
He's way better and non-boring than that :)
So, back to the desert and MEACH TRIP 2011 with the youth!
63 of us headed out to camp in the mountains and play on the beach. We traveled about 2 hours east to Oman and camped the night away.

Glad you are back in Dubai, heard about your bout of illness from gm. Loved the pictures.
ReplyDeleteMargaret
Didn't know you were going to WinShape! WinShape and LDi are partners, ya know? Some of their staff are now over here in the UAE (Fujairah) setting up/facilitating ropes courses for us (which are being built this week, actually!) and are working in our offices in Fujairah! Small, small world! Love you, Byrdie!
ReplyDelete