Last weekend Devon (one of my youth girls) and I jetted down to Muscat, Oman for the weekend to check out a cousin youth group and simply...Muscat it up!
We left in a beautiful sand storm :)
When we arrived, we went straight to the church building where this group meets. Another group meets in the room before so this is the "before" picture of the room. Note the "b" Divia is trying to make here...

Had a BLAST getting to see and meet other students just like our Dubai ones.
The next day, we went and toured the Grand Mosque of Muscat. Tried not to raise too much cane, but when Devon and I get together...well...we're lucky they didn't arrest us...













This is Marnell! She and her husband, Andre were our gracious and super fun hosts.
And THEN! There was the Muscat Festival that night and we met up with Amy and Andy from Dubai. Talk about laughs! I'll let the pictures do the talkin'...










So Devon and I were taking a taxi home and this was the picture Amy wanted to take in order to have the taxi driver's picture for the police report.

Which made this guy want his picture too!
How very FABULOUS !!!! Great fun, beautiful scenery. Fantastic tour guides you and Devon are. Glad you didn't get arrested at the Mosque and that you are practicing Woman 101 (Taxi driver photo). Thanks for the smiles and laughs. It is so great to see you my beautiful.
ReplyDeleteLove and Miss you so very MUCH!!!
Mama xxxoxoxoxoxoxxo
I can't take it anymore--I miss you so much, Byrdie! And don'tcha just LOVE Oman and the culture/people there?! So hospitable, relaxed, and pleasant. Gosh dangit, I miss the desert like you wouldn't believe. Praying I'm back soon. Shoot me an email when you have time-I wanna hear what's up with you and work and stuff. I have some good friends moving to India via Dubai next month and mentioned you/Fellowship of the Emirate so they may come' a lookin' for ya! Love! Kayler
ReplyDeleteSo fun!
ReplyDelete