(Every 2 lines rhyme)
Chips and salsa...Starbucks...water with lime instead of lemon...
A place of such mystery...and place of such controversy
A place as sour as a pickle...and as sweet as a kiss from Hershey
The people create an oasis in this desert that is dry and hot
Thankfully fun, friendships, and life is what you get and loneliness and boredom you do not!
The word "Doha" has a thousand different meanings to a thousand different folks.
Thankfully I like living here and that ain't a joke.
"Why did you come here in the summer?" I am often inquired.
"It is so hot and no one is here" and I reply "I guess that is how the Father has me wired"
Sure down time will come and the pace of life will become slower.
Bring on the books, movies, and the AC a bit lower.
Who knew the Middle East would be home to this Dallasite/country-lovin girl?
Praise God life this side of Heaven can be such a crazy/beautiful whirl! :)
*Pictures next time
There's just something about Amy Byrd poems that make me smile... love that you're loving it & love you so!
ReplyDelete