Sunday, February 27, 2011

Ode to Dubai

Dubai or not Dubai?

That is the question...

This week you almost won -

You reeked havoc on my digestion.


Not like "that" all your who are reading...

Digestion in the sense of breathing.

The dust here can be a beast -

Feels like your voice is leaving.


Sorry no pictures

As this week was just normal life.

Some weeks there isn't much going on

Even with all the Middle East's strife.


Speaking of....

All is ok for now here in the U.A.E.

It's odd being around it all though -

News updates are all you see.


They say unrest here is as common as peace is in the U.S.

Can you imagine this?

What people live with here is unbelievable

You just want to give them all a hug and kiss.


I don't want to be anywhere else

God is doing too much here.

I miss home and the comfort

But hakuna matata (no worries), I'll get to visit this year.


Time is becoming like a diamond

With so many facets and faces.

Sometimes is is clear and pristine,

Other times you can't see its traces.


All this to say, life carries on

Moment by moment, day by day

Coffe...I mean teas, meetings, paperwork, sleep

But most importantly the One to whom I pray.


He is the same yesterday, today and forever.

He never wavers, tires, or sleeps.

He watches over me and is my God -

His peace over my mind and heart, He keeps.


He is my strength, my salvation

My song and my king.

Even when the days beat me silent

His love causes me to sing.


Guess this ended up being an "Ode to my Lord"

Yeah, Dubai is just His tool.

Here I understand clearly His sovereignty,

Might, power, love, goodness, and ultimate rule.


So I bid goodnight

And wish everyone well.

Next week I'll post pictures

As they have so much more to tell.

1 comment: